Potty training is perhaps one of the most dreaded aspects of parenting for me. The rushing to the bathroom every 20 minutes, the accidents, the cabin fever from not leaving the house for a week or two even, etc etc. Kudos to the moms who swear they can master this overnight but i’m not one of them and I struggle with this phase!
Here are 5 reminders/tips/things I wish I was adamantly TOLD about this potty training ordeal:
1) No matter how intelligent your child seems, none of the instructions regarding potty training are “simple” or “easy to understand”.
2) Any negative connotation you ever had associated with anything that lands in the toilet will disappear the moment its one of your child’s first! You will clap your hands, cheer for them and excitedly tell the world about it.
3) At some point, some poo/pee will appear on your floors and/or carpet and you are required to not exclaim loudly or look aghast but rather appear nonchalant like ‘its no big deal’ while you gag and clean it up.
4) Using the potty when naked is a whole different concept than using it when they have any article of clothing on- somehow clothing makes them forget and resist the urge to go until its too late!
5) Be prepared to eat lots of M&M’s yourself.
Consider this ordeal becoming even worse the moment you fall asleep, when someone actually remembers to use the bathroom but can’t find the light…that’s where Illumibowl comes in! It’s a remarkably simple design, just place batteries in and hook on the toilet seat. There is a motion sensor that senses the push/pull of the bathroom door or any movement in the bathroom. It immediately activates the light which cycles through 8 colors and brightens the bathroom enough to eliminate any fear the child might feel and helps them to prevent accidents without having to use the extremely bright bathroom lights. I would highly recommend this product for anyone but especially for those who struggle during the night time potty training phase.
**Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post but all views expressed are solely my own.**